Saturday, October 31, 2009

Vanilla Sugar

I made vanilla sugar tonight with my daughter. The recipe calls for one vanilla bean to two cups of sugar but since my budget doesn't really allow for that much vanilla bean to that little sugar, I actually doubled the amount of sugar used. I don't know the average length of a vanilla bean, but mine was pretty long, so I got all the seeds out AND I chopped up the bean itself and mixed in all in the sugar. I did take pictures so I will get those up as soon as I learn how.

I am starting with chocolate chip cookies tomorrow. I have a recipe that my family loves that I actually got almost 20 years ago. It supposed to be the "Mrs. Fields" recipe - but it's not. What I'm going to be doing tomorrow is this.....I'm going to make this recipe twice. The first time with the more expensive of the ingredients that I've purchased (i.e. bakers sugar, madagascar vanilla, european butter, etc.) then I'm going to make the second batch with normal, run of the mill, at every store, every day type items. We'll see if family can tell the difference and/or which recipe they actually prefer.

Exciting stuff - I know I told you I would post the recipe ahead of time - but I can't get to it tonight, so I will post it tomorrow and be sure to save the recipe. Regardless of what ingredients used, it will be delish!


Peace Out,

Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment