Monday, October 26, 2009

Thirty Daze

Wow! I can't believe I've set up my own B-L-O-G. I'm guaranteed 5 faithful readers, that I'm confident of! I was bouncing ideas off two of my daughters about the name of this blog and we came up with Thirty Daze. See, I had this grand idea the other day to make a batch of cookies every day for thirty days starting on the first of November. Oh, I plan on making the standards, chocolate chip, peanut butter, oatmeal raisin etc. But.....I also plan on making some that we've never tried. Perhaps double chocolate biscotti, cranberry almond crescents, something with lemon and dark chocolate? My daughter figures that by the end of 30 days, I will probably be in a "daze" - hence the name.
I had already decided that I needed to document this process. My first thought was to just take pictures of all of the cookies each day, then that turned into making a little cookbook, then that turned into journaling, then that turned into "HEY - I read blogs every day - I need to be writing my own blog - everyday!" So, one great idea morphed into another great idea which then morphed again into yet another great idea and here I am. In blogland. It's sort of scary because I don't have a clue what I'm doing. I don't personally KNOW anybody who had their own blog. I've never done anything like this. BUT...fear not. I know it can be done. Like I've already said, I read about 20 blogs every day. I love them. They inspire me. They make me laugh. They make me think. I miss certain people when they don't add to their blog every day.
I hope to offer blogland another inspiring, uplifting, and fun blog for readers to enjoy. I will be embarking on a new project every 30 days. I will be doing said project for 30 continuous days (a new project each day under the theme of the month). When I say it like that it sounds sort of boring - but I promise, I will do my best to make it entertaining, educational, and energetic.

2 comments:

  1. I'm following you! [: I'm excited to see all of the fabulous projects you are going to post on here. You rock sister! (-:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm following you too!! I'm excited to see pics of your cookies. Grandma Kramer always made cookies so they would look like the picture--check w/Anna--she has Gma K's cookie book--complete w/recipe's & pics. Call her & see if she'll e-mail you recipes.
    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete