Monday, November 2, 2009

Chocolate Wakeups

Well these cookies had an unexpected ingredient in them - my kids all guessed that there was cinnamon in them, but could not guess the other ingredient. It was fun watching them throw out guesses. Once my 6 year old found out what it was - she stopped eating them. That didn't stop her from dowing 5 of the cookies before she found out however.


The recipe actually called for 1 pinch of black pepper and 1 pinch of cayenne pepper. I was a bit nervous adding this to a cookie mixture so my pinch was not so generous. You can still taste a bit of a snap while eating them. The time it's really noticed is a few minutes afterwards - I got a bit of a burning in the back of my throat. Nothing major, just enough to make me want to eat another one!

The recipe called for coarse sugar to be put on the cookie before baking and all I had on hand was a pink sugar from my daughter's 6th birthday cake - so I used it. It was great. My 2 year old helped with that part.

I do have pictures of all this and I think I've figured out how to post them. Will work on it tomorrow when I've had some sleep.

Oh - tomorrow's cookie - I think I want to take a break from chocolate. I'm making Orange Blossoms. It's an orange butter type cookie with an orange cream frosting. Yum!

Peace Out,
Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment